Re: [geogig-dev] mapdb

Hi everyone,

while doing some research into a Berkley DB substitute last month, I've found mapdb
as well - and independently - there seems to be some coincidence. The project is currently quite active, but a one-man-show as it seems. I don't
have experience with it either, but I agree it sounds promising.

Another candidate might be orientDB (http://orientdb.com/why-orientdb/).
Seems to have an embeddable part as well, but at first glance I didn't
find out if the "embeddable" part is Open Source as well (the "community
edition" Server part is Apache2 Licensed).

We could also think about a PostgreSQL backend storage (many will have one on their systems anyhow), PostgreSQL has moved a bit in directions of NoSQL-Storages (key/value Storage) with its JSONB Datatype new in 9.4

In the geogig's github repo I found drivers to store inside MongoDB and
Sqlite - are these ready and working or still some work-in-progress?
Could they help us out on the locationtech incubation issue when making
sqlite the default storage format?

Kind regards, Sebastian

Back to the top