Re: [geogig-dev] Versioning Spatial Data by Application in Offline mode

Hi,

With this architecture you will load your data twice over the network: once within the „normal“ workflow coming from orientDB and a second time when you synchronize your local geogig Repository with the remote one.

Depending on the amount of data this can be a bottleneck.

I would suggest to provide only one way to read and write data and to design it the way that it works both offline and online.

That would mean:

Have a Local Geogig Repo on your device plus export/import from/to OrientDB.

The local Repo then synchronizes with a remote “central” Geogig Repository whenever you need to.

Please note that currently there is no export from geogig to OrientDB, you would have to add it. As far as I know there is also no support in the underlying Library, Geotools, so this could be quite an effort. Geogig makes heavy usage on Geotools’ capabilities for importing and exporting data from its internal representation into formats which can be read by GIS clients.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Back to the top