Re: [geogig-dev] jline2 2.11 [geogig]

Hi folks,

This week one of my colleages gave a demo on spring boot, and I saw some fancy console output including colors and much more (jvm status printed in ASCII Art).

That brought me to the idea of possible research directions for a jline replacement: we should have a look  how the command line interfaces coming with OSGI containers (apache felix, Karaf, …) and other “console-friendly” stuff did tackle this problem - they must have solved the "coloring" and "input"
problems as well.

Spring boot did something with ANSI (colored) output here:
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/tree/master/spring-boot/src/main/java/org/springframework/boot/ansi

Used for example in:
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/blob/master/spring-boot/src/main/java/org/springframework/boot/SpringBootBanner.java

Kind regards,