Re: [geogig-dev] mapdb

Hi there,

The plan is to make sqlite the default storage format for local/single repos. There's also work in progress on a PostgreSQL backend to hold multitenant repos where the object database is shared between repos, hence making cloning an almost instant operation (i.e. just need to duplicate the refs and other smaller things).

As for the storage format in the case of PostgreSQL, we'd be using geogig's own binary serialization, at least to start with. Given the serialization format is pluggable, a JSONB one is feasible, though haven't put any thought on it yet.

The current mongo and sqlite backend implementations are functional though both seem to be lacking on the performance department. Haven't had time to really optimize the mongo one, but been working on optimizing the sqlite one in order to make it a feasible replacement for the default storage backend.

Hope that helps.
Gabriel