[jts-dev] Polygon self intersection procedure

Hello world to u all!

I'm comparing different geometrical/Geospatial libraries including yours.
​ Which I have downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jts-topo-suite/ and saw documentation/sources at ​https://github.com/locationtech/jts/tree/master/doc.

I'm interested in a procedure to transform a self-intersecting polygon into a multi polygon or alike.
​ That's, for instance, transform the typical 8 or bow-tie figure (composed of 4 vertices) into a pair of opposed (at a vertex) triangles (6 vertices).

I have tried all 3 simplify operations (DP, TP, VW) but none of them gives the expected result.

​What do you recommend?

At last, I'd like to add that my intention is to use this in the context of SOLR geo-spatial search, in case there's a particular recommendation in that context.

Thanks in advance.​