Re: [jts-dev] Polygon self intersection procedure

Simplifiers work after you have resolved topology. The method you want to look at is the Polygonizer. (and also the .buffer(0) to fully node line. Chapter 6 of the JTS developer guide discusses this.

From: jts-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jts-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rgamarra
Sent: Monday, 5 June 2017 12:10 p.m.
To: jts-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jts-dev] Polygon self intersection procedure

Hello world to u all!

I'm comparing different geometrical/Geospatial libraries including yours.

Which I have downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jts-topo-suite/ and saw documentation/sources at https://github.com/locationtech/jts/tree/master/doc.

I'm interested in a procedure to transform a self-intersecting polygon into a multi polygon or alike.

That's, for instance, transform the typical 8 or bow-tie figure (composed of 4 vertices) into a pair of opposed (at a vertex) triangles (6 vertices).

I have tried all 3 simplify operations (DP, TP, VW) but none of them gives the expected result.

What do you recommend?

At last, I'd like to add that my intention is to use this in the context of SOLR geo-spatial search, in case there's a particular recommendation in that context.

Thanks in advance.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used, published or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error please destroy and immediately notify GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the contents.

Back to the top