Re: [jts-dev] JTS release artifacts

I also very much sympathize with Thilo.

The current situation as regards a ‘proper home’ seems to be inadequate for such highly regarded software that is so widely used worldwide.

Jim

From: jts-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jts-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Smiley
Sent: 24 February 2017 13:35
To: bjorn@xxxxxxxxxx; JTS developer discussions
Subject: Re: [jts-dev] JTS release artifacts

I very much sympathize with Thilo.  The old SourceForge site could be updated to include a banner. Wikipedia could be updated with correct links, and note that it migrated from now obsolete locations.  I'm not aware of a way to help users know about a change in Maven coordinates.  I've heard of this and just read it: https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html  but it's not 100% clear to me it applies to JTS's situation?  I'm not sure.  What I don't think can/should be done is re-releasing 1.14 or prior in any way suggesting a LocationTech relationship.