Re: [geomesa-users] GeoMesa Command Line Tools and HBase

Hi Marcin,

The command line tools currently support accumulo and (to a lesser degree) kafka. For ingesting data into hbase, you have to use the geotools API for creating simple features. We have several tutorials on how to do this using accumulo - those would be a good place to start. You should be able to adapt them to hbase by replacing the accumulo data store with an hbase data store. Because they are both geotools DataStore implementations, almost all of the code would remain the same.

Single process ingest/query:

    http://www.geomesa.org/documentation/tutorials/geomesa-quickstart-accumulo.html

Map/reduce ingest:

    http://www.geomesa.org/documentation/tutorials/geomesa-examples-gdelt.html

Streaming ingest using storm:

    http://www.geomesa.org/documentation/tutorials/geomesa-quickstart-storm.html

The hbase documentation describes how to get an hbase data store:

    http://www.geomesa.org/documentation/user/hbase_datastore.html

Thanks,

Emilio