[geomesa-users] ingesting and exposing polygon data, is this supported?

I am trying to debug if I ingested polygon data correctly.  I’d like to ingest a polygon and expose it via geomesa/geoserver.

Is there a trick to this as I am not sure it actually created the indexes expected.

I was going to have the regular point data and then have a separate data set that had the associated polygons to turn them on and off.

I defined a field of *polygonField:Polygon:srid=4326 in the schema.  I then created  a polygon via geotools out of arrays of points to insert with the feature data.

(i.e. one way I tried was using the following classes:

WKTReader reader = new WKTReader(geometryFactory);

String coordinates=”///arrays of  point values///”

StrinBuffer polyStringBuffer=new StringBuffer(“POLYGON((“).append(coordinates).append(“))”);

Polygon polygon = (Polygon) reader.read(polyStringBuffer.toString());

featureBuilder.set(polyFieldName, polygon);

…)

I had tried a coorindates array as well and using LinearRing and then using that to create the Polygon.

Did I need to mess with any underlying indexes or am I out of luck of ingesting them in via geomesa and exposing them through geoserver.  So in this case I don’t put in the associated point with the polygon, is that a potential problem area?  If there is a good example to better understand how to do something similar I’d love to review it.

Thanks,

Diane

Back to the top