Re: [geomesa-users] "Edit SQL View"

Hi Ramon,

Great question.  Are you interested in something like SQL views to compute stats (maybe something like 'select count(*), id where cond1' over a region or to drive parameterized views described here: http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/database/sqlview.html?

Either would require some new development.  One possible solution would be to use GeoMesa's SparkSQL support to run a SQL query.  There's a fair bit of infrastructure required for that.  Alternatively, a limited SQL dialect could be supported and translated to GeoTools queries by a layer in the API.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Jim