As a note, there are GeoTools libraries which should help with the reprojection. Also, if you ever need to serve up GeoMesa data in another CRS, GeoServer leverages those GeoTools reprojection capabilities to satisfy those requests.

Cheers,

Jim

On 06/10/2016 03:01 PM, Nathan Mercer wrote:
Thank you Chris,

Not the answer I was hoping for, but kind of expected. At least now I know what I need to do.

Cheers,
Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Eichelberger
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 12:18 PM
To: Geomesa User discussions <geomesa-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [geomesa-users] SRID

Nathan,

The short answer is that we do not yet support SRIDs other than 4326, so you should plan to reproject you data to that CRS before ingesting it into GeoMesa.

We recognize that 4326 doesn't suit all use cases, but the underlying index requires it for now.  Going forward, there are some interesting solutions that involve some combination of:  1) GeoMesa reprojecting data on-the-fly; 2) modifying the index to accommodate multiple CRS.
  Until we get there, though, manual reprojection is the way to go.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
   -- Chris