Re: [geomesa-users] GeoMesa 1.2.2

Hi Diane,

TL/DR: all versions of GeoMesa should be backwards compatible going back to around Mar 30, 2015 (you need to make sure your jar versions match across all your clients/servers, though).

That said, we often improve our indexing, which you won't be able to take advantage of without migrating or re-ingesting your data. If you're interested in migrating it, we have a map/reduce job that you can run, detailed here:

http://www.geomesa.org/documentation/developer/modules/geomesa-jobs.html#updating-existing-data-to-the-latest-index-format

The Z2 index is a case where we have improved our indexing - for spatial-only queries, the new index tends to be 2-4 times faster than the old geohash index, so it might be worthwhile to re-ingest.

Thanks,

Emilio