Re: [geomesa-users] GeoServer-Plugin ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Hi Nico,

First, sorry for the troubles.  I do have a few suggestions, and I'll break them out in sections.

Versions:  Which version of GeoMesa and GeoServer are you using?

For Spark:

To output the table created by Spark, are you using the 'save' function in GeoMesaSpark (1)?  (I'm wondering if there might be a bug with this function.)   Before calling 'save' or using a similar function on an RDD, I'd suggest making sure to create the DataStore and call createSchema in a single-threaded context.  (Mainly, I want to make sure that there aren't issuing writing the SimpleFeatureType/FeatureSource metadata to Accumulo.)

1.  https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-compute/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/compute/spark/GeoMesaSpark.scala#L136

For GeoServer:

Since you are seeing that exception in the web layer, I'd expect to see it in the GeoServer logs.  Which J2EE container are you using?  JBoss, Tomcat?  By chance, is there more of the stack trace in those logs?

Generally:

Are any of the fields in the SimpleFeatures null or empty?  Is there any namespacing or anything interesting happening with the SimpleFeatureType?  (E.g., are there special characters in the attribute names?  A ':' would definitely throw things for a loop.)

As a suggestion which is part work-around and part debugging, could you try exporting the data using the tools and then immediately re-importing the data into a new table?  If something breaks during re-ingest, a particular record may show the issue.  If the entire layer is still having issues in GeoServer, it may be the SimpleFeatureType or other general metadata.

Overall, I'm guessing this is a serialization issue.  Hopefully we can track it down!

Jim