Re: [geomesa-users] Connection error: Failed to find an available server in the list of servers

Hi Nico,

Good question.  That project is actually an older copy of an internal GeoMesa Docker project here at CCRi.  We haven't been actively working on it for awhile.  Today I learned about a more active project here: https://github.com/pomadchin/geo-env; it may be worth a look.  I'm in the GeoTrellis gitter (https://gitter.im/geotrellis/geotrellis) and you could likely get support from 'pomadchin' with the general use of the project.

That aside, to answer your final question, from what I know about Docker, each running Docker image has some amount of network virtualization.  If you have a shell in the Docker image, you can probably ping 172.17.0.5 and the server-domain name may resolve to that.

Said differently, it is quite easy to have a one-node VM/Docker image where the masters/slaves/monitor/traces files point to a reference which has different resolution from 'inside' and 'outside' the environment.  For example, if those files contain 'localhost', then things will likely work from 'inside', but not 'outside'.  In a Docker example, there may need to be some fiddling to get the same code to work in both scopes.

I hope that helped.  If not, lemme know and let's iterate!

Cheers,

Jim