[geogig-dev] IP Review Update

I've spent the last couple days updating the state of the IP review.

Several dependencies were added and several CQs were split into multiple CQs, resulting in 10 new CQs.

The following issues are causing us grief:

[11343] JSONassert - Depends on org.json:json which has a license specifying "the Software shall be used for Good, not Evil." Whilst amusing, this is not an open source license. Apparently we can get versions of this without the moral restriction, but I'm concerned that version mismatches may bite us.
Current status: withdrawn

[8959] restlet - Had to be split into several CQs.
Current status: waiting for IP team to re-open

[9008] jetty - Had to be split into 2 CQs.
Current status: waiting for IP team to re-open

[8960] BerkeleyDB - Will be removed, but hasn't been yet. SleepyCat license is a no go.
Current status: rejected

[9000] osmosis - The LGPL license is a problem. It seems it may have more serious license issues. See the CQ for the details.
Current status: waiting for a response from us

[10775] jtds - This is LGPL but as a transitive dependency from GeoTools it shouldn't be a problem. However, I think we can drop SQL Server support for now, which would make it unnecessary.
Current status: waiting for a response from us

[8992] jettison - This includes the source from org.json:json which is not covered by an open source license. We may be able to replace the files, but potential version conflicts exist.
Current status: waiting for a response from us

mapdb - Will be removed, but hasn't been yet.

org.json:json - Not an open source license. See [3453]. We may be able to replace it with an acceptable version, but it's unclear to me if we can apply an open source license to any of the versions, or just a specific one.

There are another 14 CQs waiting for review.

Tyler Battle

Software Engineer| Boundless

tbattle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Victoria, BC, Canada