Re: [geogig-dev] geogig-geoserver data store extension

Gabriel,

thanks for your quick reaction.

Got finally some features served as WMS. I really like the feature of switching branches on the Geoserver UI and having a different Branch displayed almost instantly.

As for full the stacktrace, I tried to attach it onto the first message
- perhaps the mailing list did steal it away. I would send it to you on PM if still desired.

You're right, I traced it down to GeoServerStoreRepositoryResolver.java
(https://github.com/boundlessgeo/geoserver-exts/blob/master/geogig/src/main/java/org/geogig/geoserver/config/GeoServerStoreRepositoryResolver.java)
in the meantime.
For simplicity of prototyping I patched it a little on line 17:

old:
try {
             RepositoryInfo info = repositoryManager.get(repository);
             return URI.create(info.getLocation());
         } catch (IOException e) {
             throw Throwables.propagate(e);
         }

new:
try {
             RepositoryInfo info = repositoryManager.get(repository);
             return URI.create("file:/" + info.getLocation().replace("\\","/"));
         } catch (IOException e) {
             throw Throwables.propagate(e);
         }

Which works fine for my special use case, but would probably break on
linux machines or when different protocols are used (Repo accessed via http
on remote machines)...

Using forward slashes for paths also on windows machines generally helps
a lot for interoperability, but you need also the file: protocol in
front to make it work.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Back to the top