Re: [jts-dev] JTS deprecations

Yes, I currently need to remove them for the JSTS transpilation, mainly because of the numerous overloaded constructors for geometries which would be hard to get right and if I remember correctly a few methods too (deprecated classes can be ignored without patching the source). It's not that big of a problem as a removal patch is easy to maintain, but would of course be preferable to be able to avoid patching at all.

But I was also wondering about it in the context of JTS future and maintainability. Would be a nice cleanup I think, although perhaps no big deal. However, if the next major version does not aim for API compatibility in general I don't see the rationale for having or keeping deprecations forever in the current series.

You mean everything with the @deprecated annotation?  Classes and/or methods?

Is this to simplify the JSTS transpilation?