Re: [jts-dev] Struggling with polygon topology again. Overlapping inner polygons.

>Yes, that is one of the unfortunate issues that can happen when using buffer(0) to clean invalid geometry. In this case however it's less likely to happen (because the topology is "almost" valid - it only needs noding and having rings assigned correctly.)

I am struggling a little to understand what make topology "almost correct" - I had some disasters with buffer(0) in other cases - but perhaps it is possible to detect a crash. I see the getArea works on invalid polygons so I have put in a filter to which compares areas before and after buffer(0). If "significantly" different, then revert to difference method.