Re: [jts-dev] TopologyException: found non-noded intersection (Martin Davis)

Did you try the cases in https://github.com/dr-jts/jts/tree/master/modules/core/src/test/resources/testxml/stmlf ?

At the risk of being trivial, one counterexample is two MultiPolygons where each component interacts with a different one in the other geometry, and each interaction has a robustness failure.  You'd have to iterate to determine all failure points and insert them.  And actually this can be trivially converted to a Polygon/Polygon case, where different portions of the boundary interact and each one has a robustness failure.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 5:09 AM, Felix Obermaier <obe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Martin,

> Inserting the coordinate from the TopologyException is not a general fix.
> In general there may be many locations where the topology cannot be
> determined robustly under the current JTS algorithm.  The location in the
> exception is just the "first" one.
>
> I'm actually surprised that it fixes this case - just a lucky situation, I think.

I don't want to be picky on this, but -for the record- with NTS this approach
fixes every "non-noded intersection topology exception" problem I could
find in both NTS and JTS codebase.

Felix