[jts-dev] Fwd: Missing SVN metadata in GIT repo

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I guess ideally the SVN r# would be captured.  Failing that, perhaps they just switch to recording the Git commit?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sandro Santilli <strk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 12:59 AM
Subject: Missing SVN metadata in GIT repo
To: Martin Davis <mtnclimb@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jts-topo-suite-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I noticed commit history in the git repository is lacking any
reference the corresponding SVN revision. Such metadata is usually
retained by "git-svn" when importing SVN code, and is very useful
for cases like GEOS in which we keep track of which revision was
last targetted for a port, see for example

http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/browser/tags/3.5.0/src/algorithm/ConvexHull.cpp#L17

Any chance to re-attach the SVN metadata now ?

--strk;

Back to the top