[geomesa-users] how do you upgrade the catalog if you are upgrading geomesa versions

So it took me a bit to understand the terminology.  In the 1.2.4 release notes you mention once you upgrade to 1.2.4 one cannot revert a catalog back to 1.2.3 or older without doing some manual steps which you all can provide.

So that begs the following questions:

1.       Can one upgrade an existing catalog that maybe was created in version 1.2.0, 1.2.2, or 1.2.3 to an newer version and get any indexing improvements without dropping and re-ingesting?

2.       Can one update the catalog to have new fields (i.e. add a second geometry or just new ifelds) and then any new ingests of the existing records as well as new records will fill out those new columns?

I understand now how to manually update one of the rows in the catalog now but many of the rows are related and as I can see from schemas when I ingested under 1.2.0 and 1.2.3 that the attributes row looks different depending on the geomesa version I created the simple feature attribute type with.

So I am not sure if I can upgrade an existing simple feature type/catalog or how to do it.

Any explanation or pointer to an area of the documentation would be appreciated.

Diane

Back to the top