[geomesa-users] WFS call for GeoMesa 1.2.2 and GeoServer 2.8.1 returns the wrong numberMatched value despite cql filter holding bbox and other filters provided in the request

We had upgraded to GeoMesa 1.2.2 in order to fix the ability to combine IN parameters in a cql call and get proper results.  But I did leave one environment set to GeoMesa 1.2.0.

What we noticed recently when finally hooking paging is that the WFS calls (version 2.0.0) we issued would return the correct number of results given the CQL_FILTER (that would hold a bbox as well as other cql filters) but the value in numberMatched was the total number of features for the feature type specified not the number of results that would match the CQL_FILTER.  So we would indicate there were more pages available for the user than actual number of results.

I also tried testing where I just sent a BBOX parameter instead of combining that with the cql_filter and it was behaving the same.  WFS responses hooked to GeoMesa 1.2.0 indicated the correct number but WFS responses hooked to GeoMesa 1.2.2 were reporting the total number of features for the specified feature type not the number of features that matched the bbox specified for that feature type.

I looked at the queries logged in accumulo and they looked  the same on quick review.  I also looked at the call logged by GeoServer and it looked the same as well.

I was trying to find where in the code it set the numberMatched field for the WFS 2.0.0 response but I hadn’t found that yet.

I can upgrade the old environment but I believe once I do that it will behave the same and no longer give correct numberMatched values.

I compared JDK versions of the servers, geoserver versions, that they both have native JAI and it all matches.  Also both appear to use the same version of GeoTools 14.1.  The only difference I have found so far is GeoMesa version.  Has anyone noticed this issue yet?  Is there a fix for it?

Thanks,

Diane

Back to the top