Re: [geomesa-users] Is setting locality groups and group by queries possible in geomesa

Hi Vaibhav,

GeoMesa will create certain locality groups based on your data, but we don't provide any hooks to modify them, and in general I wouldn't suggest it. Of course,
you can always set up locality groups  through the Accumulo shell. Do you have a particular use case in mind?

GeoTools CQL doesn't support group-by, but you can use the GeoMesa Apache Spark integration to do so. You use an initial CQL filter (which could be Filter.INCLUDE)
to select your features, then you can manipulate them directly. See the examples here:

http://www.geomesa.org/documentation/tutorials/spark.html

Although currently it's not well documented, GeoMesa also provides SparkSql integration which will let you mix SQL and CQL in your queries. See:

https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-compute/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/compute/spark/sql/GeoMesaSparkSql.scala

Thanks,

Emilio