[geomesa-users] Collision detection in large regions

Hi,

I have an application where I intend to perform collision detection between items in a very large region (potentially the whole world). To avoid calculating all possible combinations, I intend only to detect collisions between nearby items.

With GeoMesa and Spark, is it possible to construct a query for this kind of use case in an efficient manner or will it become a simple brute force search? What I'd like is something like "for all items, perform collision detection in a range of X meters".

Greatful for any kind of input or pointers to other suitable alternatives!

Back to the top