[geomesa-users] accumulo 1.6 + cdh 5.3, my +1 vote

Hi All (and Jim H specifically, since he mentioned it in the list recently)

I just want to chime in my vote for support of Accumulo 1.6 and CDH 5.3 by GeoMesa.

Going further, creating a CDH parcel server + parcel for GeoMesa (hosted by locationtech?) would be glorious - especially if the parcel contained the quickstart and GDELT projects ready-to-run.

I realize it's a big request and another downstream dependency to maintain - and, since GeoMesa is relatively new to the OSS world, it may be something I find time of my own to contribute... eventually/at some point/I'll pay someone(?).

I went through the process of setting up GeoMesa from scratch on Accumulo 1.5, Hadoop 2.2, GeoServer, and Zookeeper on a single all-in-one box for a sandbox environment to poke at GeoMesa for the first time, and it took me about a week+ to get it all to compile right, copy all the right jar files, configure dfs, yarn, zookeeper, etc, and that was only for one machine. The additional burden for me to do all this in a distributed, clustered, and secured cloud environment has been challenging even more so, and so I moved on to use Cloudera Manager / CDH to attempt to wrangle in all the majority of the cluster configuration and setup (minus Accumulo 1.5 + GeoMesa)...

Cheers,
Mike / Weft.io

Back to the top