[geomesa-users] GeoMesa at the OSGeo code sprint and FOSS4G NA

Hi all,

I wanted to announce a few upcoming events where you can learn more about GeoMesa.

First, I'll be representing the team in Philly, February 10-13th at the OSGeo Code Sprint: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Code_Sprint_2015. If you're based in Philly or attending the event, definitely stop by and say hi.

Second, if you're coming to FOSS4G NA (https://2015.foss4g-na.org/) come by on Wednesday, March 11th to hear my talk about distributed computation with GeoMesa (https://2015.foss4g-na.org/node/1422). If you are going to FOSS4G NA, you can reply to me and I'll send you a code to save $100 on your registration! Jamie and I will be manning a GeoMesa booth, and we'd love to hear how you are using GeoMesa.

GeoMesa participated in Facebook's Open Academy last semester with students from the University of Texas. This coming semester, GeoMesa and GeoTrellis will be mentoring UT students in Austin. We'll be there for a code sprint February 5th-8th. If you're in Austin, TX, I'll also be giving a preview of my FOSS4G talk on Friday, February 6th, 2-3pm in GDC 6.302 on UT's campus.

Looking further out, some of the team will be attending the Accumulo Summit at the end of April (http://accumulosummit.com/). Look for us there!

Thanks for being interested in GeoMesa.

Jim

Back to the top