Re: [geomesa-users] Geomesa with Accumulo 1.6

Hi Manas,

No problem; I'm happy to help.  Once we worked through this, perhaps we can sort out a branch which supports CDH 5.3.0.

For the issue with the QuickStart, can you send along more of the stack trace?  Usually, the exception which causes the stack trace is the most important line.  In this case, we are required by licensing issues to exclude cerain jai-core which is where this class lives.  In order to fix things, we'll need to think through the call stack and make a change so that this class is not used.

From chatting with some of the other GeoMesa developers, it sounds like accumulo6 might be a better branch for you to work with.  Can you give it quick try?  I checked the two branches and 'accumulo6' does not have any Glassfish dependencies, so that issue should go away.

I don't think that GeoServer needs the geomesa-assemble jars.  The GeoServer plugin jar contains the jars necessary to run one or two M/R jobs from the GeoMesa GeoServer panel.  (Again, I'd point out that the GeoMesa panel is a nice-to-have feature.)

Thanks,

Jim