Re: [geomesa-users] How to get only latest value when running spatial query?

Adnan,

It sounds as if you might be using the date-time field in your feature
as a type of version indicator.  (Is that right?)  In that case, there
may not be a good/easy way to make GeoMesa return what you want.  This
makes some sense, as GeoMesa indexes the (location, date) pair for each
entry, so even if the same feature were ingested twice, it would likely
occur at two different places in the index.

Instead, you may want to consider either 1) updating old records when
you get a new version, which will discard the old versions (iff the
feature ID remains the same); 2) writing client-side code to
differentiate among the various versions that come back.

I hope that helps; if not, please let us know.

Sincerely,
  -- Chris