[geomesa-users] Loading Data

Hi,

I saw some of the Geomesa YouTube videos referencing loading data as well as the “Spatio-temporal Indexing in Non-relational Distributed Databases” paper referencing loading the GDELT dataset.  Are there any documented steps on how to load the GDELT dataset?

Additionally, I have been able to load features to a feature type using the WFS-T endpoint.  Is there a better/faster/more efficient method of loading even modest amounts of data?  Example, I have a Natural Earth Country Polygon set that I extracted the geometry, name and admin columns from to push into Geomesa through the WFS-T endpoint.  I can only push between 5 and 10 rows without hitting a timeout.

Thanks,

Chris Snider

Senior Software Engineer

Intelligent Software Solutions, Inc.