Re: [geogig-dev] jsr305 [geogig]

Hi everyone,

JSR305 is (the only) dependency of Google Guava, so we're dealing with a
(transitive) dependency to JSR305 anyhow. Will that cause problems in the
 IP Review? Has guava been explicitly confirmed as an accepted dependency?
(Maybe in some other eclipse project?)

I've beeen looking at JSR305 inside geogig and have tried to
 sum up the usage in the geogig modules. It is almost only the
"javax.annotation.Nullable" which is used about 260 times in the
codebase:

geogig-core: 98 "nullable" occurrences
geogig-geotools: 52 "nullable" occurrences
geogig-osm: 31 "nullable" occurrences
geogig-web-api: 22 "nullable" occurrences
geogig-cli: 36 "nullable" occurrences
geogig-bdbje: 14 "nullable" occurrences
geogig-metrics: 2 "nullable" occurrences
geogig-mongodb: 6 "nullable" occurrences

The others are much more rare:
geogig-core: 2 "nonnull" occurrences
geogig-osm: 1 "threadSafe.concurrent" occurrence

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Jody Garnett wrote:

> So JSR 305 is dead, it added annotations for constraints (such as @Null) useful when writing test cases or something.
> Can we just cut this dependency out? Write our own annotation if needed ...

Back to the top